Monday 18 June 2012

Asheville, NC - Zero miles; 10 000 footsteps

Day 6 - My first day since I left Boston that I haven't started the bike up and left for a new destination. Besides running onto the street at 6.30 this morning in my pajamas due to a false fire alarm in the hotel, I didn't need to set the physical or mental arm clock - joy!
So a day of absorbing what most people say is one of the best places to live in the US and I can understand why. A collection of musicians, artists, spiritualists, nomads and eclectically attired people seem to frequent this calm and positive place.
I know I keep harping on about the most popular subject in Britain, the weather, but again a cool morning but spectacular warm afternoon with blue blue skies.
Downtown is full of art deco architecture and diverse eclectic buildings mixing the old and new.
River Arts District near the railway line and river is exploding with creativity inside old warehouses.
You know, sometimes sipping a coffee with no agenda on what to do next is the greatest feeling in the world - this is a feeling that money can't buy.
So to fully integrate myself here I walked into 'A Far Away Place' and Marla read my tarot cards asking
myself what am I getting from this journey - interesting, the key to anything in life is to have an open mind
to bring new things into it. Mmm I'll reflect on my naval for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment