Sunday 17 June 2012

Almost ran out of fuel n stranded on Blue Ridge Parkway

After a night of festivities with my friends from the doctors inn, hd a scrumptious breakfast all home made
- packed the bike and said adios with some trepidation in once again having to find lesser routes known on my own - oh boy first again had to find gas it seems that travelling 10 or 20 miles out of your way is common practice, which I did!
I had bought a few years ago beautiful bike bags from a place in Independence just 15 miles away n couldn't resist giving them a call. Fab what a place! Fox Creek Leather.
Then got to rte 210 to the BRP again - today incredible heights, views, tunnels, and mountains - wow too much in my head to write down particularly as I'm currently drinking a local brew in Asheville !
So I continued but knew the Bonnie doesn't hold much gas in the tank.
I was running low and imagining a night alone in the cold blue mountains!
Finally made it to a gas station and impatiently filled her full of gas!
Then here I am checking into one hell of a cool place hotel indigo with views over the mountains n my favourite Aveda stuff - things couldn't be better ..
So today 210 miles ...mmm and tomorrow a day off the bike to stretch those legs!



No comments:

Post a Comment