Tuesday 5 July 2011

Famine or Feast ... but it's all relative ..

I haven't blogged for a month but it doesn's mean I haven't stopped thinking about the trip and how to finance it ... in fact it's been in my mind all the time! 

Ironically, my current tenant who is already leaving at the end of the month, has only helped pay off some of my bills so I haven't even been able to put any of that away!  Oh god!  Well, at least it gave me some feel for what it's like to flatshare again.

I need to find a new tenant for the beginning of August so I started looking again - not that easy - they either want to stay for a short period or are just not willing to pay much.  I am adament about wanting and needing to ask for more,  otherwise this money making option just won't work!

Then miracles do happen ...
I saw someone this evening who is willing to pay almost double what I'm already getting and even said he'd pay for a cleaner!
He's a young contractual guy working for BP so money must be good - the brand new sports Audi he arrived in certainly proved that!  He loved the place and immediately said he'd love to move in for a minimum of 5 months and what I asked for (which was a lot more than I'm getting now) was well below his budget ... well I must have said the right things!

So there you go, there are some people with lots of money and others (like me) who literally have to scrape by with hardly any money (I'm also good at making a weeks supply of fried rice for lunches at the moment!) to pay the bills.
Hopefully soon, the main bills will be air tickets to the US!!

Next blog I'm going to start talking about the envisaged trip ...

No comments:

Post a Comment